- Organic tomatoes accumulate more vitamin C, sugars than conventionally grown fruit
- Can simple measures of labile soil organic matter predict corn performance?
- Thailand: Astonishing ten new species of semi-aquatic freshwater earthworms revealed
- Mix-and-match cover cropping can optimize organic production, USDA scientists say
- How shrubs are reducing the positive contribution of peatlands to climate
Welcome to Tanzania Organic Agriculture Movement
TOAM is the national umbrella organisation for organic agriculture. We are one of many such umbrella bodies around the world, linked through the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements (IFOAM). Our role is to coordinate and promote the development of the organic farming sector in Tanzania.
We work in five key areas:
- Awareness Creation: working to increase the public’s knowledge of organic farming;
- Capacity Building: increasing competences of trainers, extension staff and facilitators;
- Information: as a focal point in the organic sector;
- Lobbying and Advocacy: to influence the partnerships, networks, government departments;
- Linkages and Networking: facilitating new linkages and networks and expanding existing ones.
This website aims to be a key resource for organic information, news, techniques, practices, principles, market information, standards and more...