- Organic tomatoes accumulate more vitamin C, sugars than conventionally grown fruit
- Can simple measures of labile soil organic matter predict corn performance?
- Thailand: Astonishing ten new species of semi-aquatic freshwater earthworms revealed
- Mix-and-match cover cropping can optimize organic production, USDA scientists say
- How shrubs are reducing the positive contribution of peatlands to climate
Tanzania Organic Agriculture Movement is a member-based national umbrella organization, providing coordination and facilitation to the Tanzanian organic sector. We use value chain development to facilitate smallholder farmers’ access to markets and sustainable trade linkages.
Awareness Creation: working to increase the public’s knowledge of organic farming thereby enabling consumers to appreciate organic products and for farmers and experts to respond appropriately to environmental potentials and opportunities in both the foreign and domestic markets.
Capacity Building: increasing the competence of trainers, extension staff and facilitators by organizing training courses on organic agriculture and value chain development, encouraging and collaborating in establishing and functioning of organic training centers and colleges, and sharing information with members and stakeholders.
Information: as a focal point in the generation, compilation, and dissemination of information on the organic sector, working in collaboration with research institutions to investigate, understand, and document organic farming.
Lobbying and Advocacy: influencing the partnerships, networks, government departments, and other relevant institutions working in Tanzania in favour of the organic farming agenda.
Linkages and Networking: facilitating new linkages and networks and expanding existing ones. Strategic networking will allow the organisation to learn from others, gain greater shared knowledge, and develop a stronger voice nationally to support organic farming.